Friday, September 12, 2008

Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris

For those of you who are regular readers, you know I'm not really into non-fiction. I actually chose this book for our Book Discussion Group at my library. They like to have books with lots of controversy so they have a lot to talk about.

Sedaris writes about his life and the lives of his family and friends. I laughed a lot at their antics, although there were many sad and poignant stories as well. He has admitted that he tends to exaggerate things at times, but I think that added to my enjoyment, rather than detracted from it. Some of my favorite stories in this book are about his baby brother. He is so crude and much larger than life. Even if you normally like fiction, you'll probably enjoy this too.

No comments: