Thursday, June 5, 2008

Deep Dish by Mary Kay Andrews

This light novel is about two cooking show hosts who end up getting involved in a cooking reality show in order to see who will get a new show on cable. Regina is into Southern cooking with simple and natural ingredients. She has a cooking show on public television, but she has just found out that it is about to be canceled because her producer (and boyfriend) was caught sleeping with the major sponsor's wife. Tate's show is more of the "Kill 'n Grill" of Southern cooking. He shows how to fish or hunt for his meats and fish and then cook them up sizzling hot. Apparently he is sizzling hot too, as he has a bevy of beautiful ladies gathering where ever he shows up. This book was a lot of fun, but a bit predicable.

2 comments:

Mechelle said...

I thought I would start coming here for book suggestions as my book pile is pathetic and boring. I just don't know if I can do the fluffy stuff. I sure am hoping the July book club book is good...

Erin the Librarian said...

Hey, you're the first person to ever have commented on my blog! I need fluffy sometimes, especially when I've read a lot of heavy stuff. Since I now know you are reading this, I will make sure to flag the fluffy stuff so you can skip it.