Monday, March 31, 2008

T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton

It is amazing that Grafton has been able to keep things so fresh for so may years. This book has a lot of info on elder abuse. I think this really hit home to me as my grandmother has recently moved into a nursing home. It is a very nice nursing home, actually top rated in Michigan, but still. It is a bit scary when you think that your grandmother is at the mercy of these people youe don't event know. And...you only have their word on how things are going. Luckily, my grandma has a lot more family in the area to take care of her and look after her than the gentleman in this book did. The amount of damage this woman caused with her identity theft was also appalling. My sister-in-law had her purse stolen a couple of years ago, so I know how difficult it is to deal with cleaning all this up afterward.

Grafton wrote an excellent story that was all too believable for a fiction story. It had me cringing at many points and I greatly enjoyed every cringe.

No comments: