Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pride and Prejuidice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith


Now, if you are anything like me, you always hear about "the classics" and think that maybe you should read them. But...when you actually pick them up, they bore you to tears. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to read Moby Dick *insert puking sound here*. Sorry, but I just can't get into Ishmael and all that.

So...when I heard that there was a version of Pride and Prejudice coming out that involved zombies and ninjas, I thought 'hmm, this could possibly keep me awake!'. I listened to it on audio, which I very much enjoyed because it was then all in an English accent, as it should be. It was a fun romp of a book! The zombie part did get quite graphic, and there was a part where I was literally gagging in my car, but overall it was great. At this point, I am not exactly sure what there would have been to the story if it were not for the zombie story line. Why would Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth had any interest in each other if it was not because they were both first-rate warriors? But, let I give something away, I'll end. And, I am going to try Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter very soon!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I keep forgetting about these books! Reserving right now. I went through my "I should read the classics" phase in the mid-90s and I still remember the EXTREME BOREDOM. I get sleepy just thinking about it.